- Fix a bug that caused a 32-bit OS that runs on a 64-bit ARM CPU (e.g. ARM-v8, aarch64), to report the wrong bitness.
20.0 - 2020-01-06¶
- Add type hints (#191)
- Add proper trove classifiers for PyPy support (#198)
- Scale back depending on
ctypesfor manylinux support detection (#171)
sys.implementation.namewhere appropriate for
- Expand upon the API provded by
- Officially support Python 3.8 (#232)
- Properly mark
packaginghas being fully typed by adding a py.typed file (#226)
19.2 - 2019-09-18¶
19.1 - 2019-07-30¶
19.0 - 2019-01-20¶
Fix string representation of PEP 508 direct URL requirements with markers.
Better handling of file URLs
This allows for using
file:///absolute/path, which was previously prevented due to the missing
This allows for all file URLs that
urlunparseturns back into the original URL to be valid.
17.1 - 2017-02-28¶
utils.canonicalize_versionwhen supplying non PEP 440 versions.
17.0 - 2017-02-28¶
- Drop support for python 2.6, 3.2, and 3.3.
- Define minimal pyparsing version to 2.0.2 (#91).
LegacyVersion().is_devreleaseto make it easy to determine if a release is a development release.
utils.canonicalize_versionto canonicalize version strings or
16.8 - 2016-10-29¶
- Fix markers that utilize
inso that they render correctly.
- Fix an erroneous test on Python RC releases.
16.7 - 2016-04-23¶
- Add support for the deprecated
python_implementationmarker which was an undocumented setuptools marker in addition to the newer markers.
16.6 - 2016-03-29¶
- Add support for the deprecated, PEP 345 environment markers in addition to the newer markers.
16.5 - 2016-02-26¶
- Fix a regression in parsing requirements with whitespaces between the comma separators.
16.4 - 2016-02-22¶
- Fix a regression in parsing requirements like
16.3 - 2016-02-21¶
- Fix a bug where
packaging.requirements:Requirementwas overly strict when matching legacy requirements.
16.2 - 2016-02-09¶
- Add a function that implements the name canonicalization from PEP 503.
16.1 - 2016-02-07¶
- Implement requirement specifiers from PEP 508.
16.0 - 2016-01-19¶
- Relicense so that packaging is available under either the Apache License, Version 2.0 or a 2 Clause BSD license.
- Support installation of packaging when only distutils is available.
==comparison when there is a prefix and a local version in play. (#41).
- Implement environment markers from PEP 508.
15.2 - 2015-05-13¶
- Fix an error where the arbitary specifier (
===) was not correctly allowing pre-releases when it was being used.
- Expose the specifier and version parts through properties on the
- Allow iterating over the
SpecifierSetto get access to all of the
- Allow testing if a version is contained within a specifier via the
15.1 - 2015-04-13¶
- Fix a logic error that was causing inconsistent answers about whether or not
a pre-release was contained within a
15.0 - 2015-01-02¶
LegacyVersion().is_postreleaseto make it easy to determine if a release is a post release.
LegacyVersion().base_versionto make it easy to get the public version without any pre or post release markers.
- Support the update to PEP 440 which removed the implied
!=V.*when using either
<Vand which instead special cased the handling of pre-releases, post-releases, and local versions when using
14.5 - 2014-12-17¶
- Normalize release candidates as
- Expose the
VERSION_PATTERNconstant, a regular expression matching a valid version.
14.4 - 2014-12-15¶
- Ensure that versions are normalized before comparison when used in a
specifier with a less than (
<) or greater than (
14.3 - 2014-11-19¶
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE Refactor specifier support so that it can sanely handle legacy specifiers as well as PEP 440 specifiers.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE Move the specifier support out of
14.2 - 2014-09-10¶
- Add prerelease support to
- Remove the ability to do
item in Specifier()and replace it with
Specifier().contains(item)in order to allow flags that signal if a prerelease should be accepted or not.
- Add a method
Specifier().filter()which will take an iterable and returns an iterable with items that do not match the specifier filtered out.
14.1 - 2014-09-08¶
Versionto be sorted together.
packaging.version.parse()to enable easily parsing a version string as either a
LegacyVersiondepending on it’s PEP 440 validity.
14.0 - 2014-09-05¶
- Initial release.